Interested in Teaching?
We are always on the lookout for students interested in volunteering to teach piano lessons! Enjoy benefits such as:
- Free key to the Lincoln Hall grand piano practice rooms for teachers who sign up for at least 2 students.
- The opportunity to earn service hours in the Cornell Traditions Program (email us for more details)
- Great leadership experience for any resume
- And of course, the satisfaction of knowing that you're helping someone else learn!
- Spring 2020 Applications are open. Complete the online application here before February 4th.
- We will match you with one or more students and contact you by email. Then you will be able to set your own schedule with each of your students at a time and place that works for both of you.
- If you teach at least 2 students, you qualify to receive a key to the grand piano practice rooms for that semester.
- If you are a new teacher, you will receive an email regarding how to receive your key.
- If you are a continuing teacher, you may keep using your key and will not be billed.
- Please note: if you have a key but do not qualify for a grand piano key, you will be billed by bursar for use of the key unless you return it to the music office in Lincoln within the first week of the semester.
Scholarship Teaching Program
For those currently taking lessons from the Music Department and teaching students through the CPS Lessons Program, CPS will subsidize your Music Department lessons in return for teaching. There are limited spots; however, we strongly encourage you to apply. Interested parties should email us before February 4th!
We look forward to working with you!